- You will have 6 months to pay off your layaway from the layaway start date
- Minimum $10 down payment or 10% of total for layaway over $100 due at start of layaway
- Requires at least one payment per month on life of layaway
- All deposits and payments are non refundable
- Will receive 3 contacts (1st and 2nd by e-mail, Final by phone call) if we have received no payments for 2 months or if layaway still has a balance after 6 months. If we neither hear from nor see you a week after the final contact the item on layaway will be put back up for sale, any and all funds put towards the layaway are forfeit.
- Special orders will be placed for items that a customer wants but we do not have on hand, and that we can confirm as available via one of our distributors.
- If the item or items exceed $50 in retail value or are an item we would not normally stock it will fall under the layaway rules stated above. *Note for Special orders – Until the item arrives we will not accept any more money than the initial non-refundable $10 or 10% for the item.
- Please allow up to 6 weeks for the item to arrive .
- Once the item has arrived the customer will have 3 weeks to retrieve the item unless they otherwise notify us. During each of these weeks they will receive a contact. (1st and 2nd by e-mail, Final by phone call)
- If we neither hear nor see the customer a week after their final contact the special order will be put back into inventory for sale.
- If the customer is a subscription customer, and the item or items on order are single issues or appropriately sized graphic novels that can be stored in their pull then they will be stored in said pull available for pick up when the customer makes their regular monthly check of their pull.
- We reserve the right to refuse any requested special order.
- Subscriptions, or pulls, are a system by which customers may sign up to receive the regularly released single issues or graphic novels of one or more series.
- Subscribers are granted priority on series they are subscribed to. Meaning they have their comics set aside before they are put for general sale
- If we can not fulfill a subscription for any reason subscribers will be put on a list to be fulfilled ASAP.
- Subscribers are also granted a 15% discount on any full price comic or graphic novel they purchase.
- Subscribers are expected to come in at least once a month to purchase their subscription items.
- If subscribers do not pick up their items within 2 months the following will occur.
- Their pull will be frozen, meaning no new material will be added to their pull.
- They will have 3 weeks to either contact us or come in and pick up at least half of their material to unfreeze their pull.
- If after 3 weeks and 3 contacts (1st and 2nd by e-mail, final by phone call) we have neither seen nor heard from them their pull will be dissolved and the items returned to inventory for general sale.
- No Refunds! No Exceptions.
- Merchandise may be returned for store credit or exchange only.
- Items will only be accepted for return with original receipt, or gift receipt, within 14 days (fourteen days) of purchase. Merchandise must be in original purchase condition.
- Merchandise not in original packaging cannot be returned for exchange or store credit.
- Defective products may be exchanged for either a replacement of identical product or store credit if identical product is unavailable(Merchandise is considered to be defective if at time of opening the packaging of the item it displays breaks, rips, loose binding or missing pieces. If upon replacement of the item the same defect persists then the customer must contact the manufacturer to remedy the situation.)
- All Trading card sales are final – either individual cards, boosters or boxes
- All Single issue comic sales are final
- All Clearance items sales are final. (Clearance items are defined as either items at 50% off or items placed at a final reduced price.)
- We will buy Magic the Gathering and Yu-Gi-Oh Singles every day we are open from Noon till 8pm.
- We only buy singles for store credit.
- We will buy singles for 65% of TCG player market price rounded to the nearest dollar. See TCGplayer.com for reference
- We do not buy singles in bulk
- We always reserve the right to not purchase singles. Reasons may include
- Condition of the card
- Pre-exisitng inventory
- Price/Cost of the card
Game Room/ Space reservation
- We here at the Lair are pleased to offer a large game room and extensive game library for free use of our customers, however please be aware that table space is limited.
- Scheduled events and table reservations will be given priority over walk-in groups. This means that if we run out of space, we may have to ask your group to give up their table.
- To reserve a table please call us during business hour at (619) 281-1600 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All reservations require advance notice of at least 1 business day.
- Our goal is to provide a safe and friendly environment in which all people can come together to have fun and enjoy the wonderful world of comics and gaming. Villainous Lair Comics and Gaming is a family-friendly and equal tolerance environment which means that we do not allow:
- Offensive language
- Violence or threat of violence
- If you or your group are found to be in violation of these policies you will be asked to leave without a refund of any monies or deposits (if applicable). We also reserve the right to ban you from our store and/or involve the authorities.